Mailing List Guidelines 1.0.1
Here are some pointers which you need to keep in mind:
- Always use a search engine before you ask a question.
- Text in ALL CAPS is considered analogous to rude screaming. Please be polite.
- Avoid sending mails without a proper subject. Always include a concise heading.
- Do NOT send HTML mails to the list. Also don't send dual-format mails containing both text and html.
- Avoid using SMS lingo, for example 'u' for 'You' etc.
- Never hijack a discussion thread. Always start fresh thread for discussing different topic.
- Trim your replies properly. Follow interleaved or bottom style of posting to the list.
- Use [Commercial] tag in subject line for mails related to Jobs.
- Use [OT] tag in subject line for any info which is Off Topic.
- Avoid cross posting.
- Avoid sending attachments to the mailing list. Add a link to the content hosted elsewhere instead.
- Use http://gist.github.com/ for posting Output or Error log.
- Go through Shakthi Kannan's Presentation here.
- How to Ask Questions http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html